cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quote totals must be collected Exception

Quote totals must be collected Exception

Hi all,

I am seeing the exception "Quote totals must be collected before this operation" very frequently every day. I am unable to reproduce the error so not sure what in the checkout process is causing it.

Can someone throw light on what is triggering the error and how can I fix/debug this? 

Here is the full exception.

exception 'Exception' with message 'Quote totals must be collected before this operation.' in /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php:1861
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(326): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->prepareRecurringPaymentProfiles()
#1 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(223): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->_submitRecurringPaymentProfiles()
#2 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(238): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitNominalItems()
#3 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(812): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitAll()
#4 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(600): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#5 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/local/Amasty/Scheckout/controllers/OnepageController.php(121): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#6 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/local/Amasty/Scheckout/controllers/OnepageController.php(547): Amasty_Scheckout_OnepageController->_saveSteps(true)
#7 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Amasty_Scheckout_OnepageController->checkoutAction()
#8 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('checkout')
#9 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/community/BalkeTechnologies/StoreMaintenance/Controller/Router/Standard.php(91): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): BalkeTechnologies_StoreMaintenance_Controller_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#13 /var/www/xyz.com/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#14 {main}	

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Quote totals must be collected Exception

Hello @sv_mage

https://journalxtra.com/magento/quote-totals-must-be-collected-before-this-operation-blah-blah-blah-...

hope it will help you.

If helps then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hello @sv_mage,

This issue is same like your, Here issue is resolved. Please try it.

https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-1-x-Technical-Issues/Quote-totals-must-be-collected-before-...

If you got same issue then please share it.

Thank you.
--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

Thanks @Sunil Patel! My quote.php code is exactly same as the one in the article.

I have requested my cloud hosting provider to install the Apache module mod_fcgid.

Meanwhile I am trying to see what is causing the error since it is random.

Is there a way to add debug code that will output the user data into a log file? 

Thanks @gelanivishal@Sunil Patel mentioned the same article and I am looking into it. 

Hello @sv_mage

you can enable log and monitor on log file 

hope it will help you

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hello @sv_mage,

If you have any trouble then let us know. 

Thank you.

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"