cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Price

SOLVED

Special Price

Hi ,

I have entered special price to 100 products for a 10 day time period using admin panel.

Now if i want to remove the special pricing , one way is when the time period expires it automatically stops displaying.

Another way is to do via db script but when i try to update the special price in following tables - mage_catalog_product_flat_1,mage_catalog_product_flat_2,mage_catalog_product_flat_3,

mage_catalog_product_entity_decimal it is not getting reflected in the website, however if i do the same thing via admin panel it is getting reflected instantaneously.

Is magento picking special price from some other table which i am missing or how the special price is managed by the magento.

Please help me in this regard since we want to add special price through some sql insert query rather than entering special price one by one through admin panel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Special Price

Hi @KiranBhushan,

Happy to help. Sure, please try and let us know.

--------
Give Kudos if it helped or if problem is solved Accept it as a solution

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @KiranBhushan,

Assuming that you are using Magento 1. I suggest updating the special prices through Magento import feature. Not sure why you are using direct SQL queries but if you have the list of SKU, special prices, "from date" and "to date" with you, please save the data as CSV and import it. Here is the sample CSV format that you can use.

"sku","special_price","special_from_date","special_to_date"
"sku1",20,"28/11/2018","29/11/2018"
"sku2",59,"27/11/2018","29/11/2018"
"sku3",59,"26/11/2018","29/11/2018"

--------
Give Kudos if it helped or if the problem is solved Accept it as a solution

Hi Kalyanchakri,

Thanks for the reply, The solution that you have provided for adding special prices using csv is via System--> Import.(Please correct me if am wrong, since i am new to magento).

Entity Type [Product], what needs to be selected under Import behavior ?

The reason i was trying to do that via script was team had already entered special prices for some 192 products via admin panel one by one.But all of a sudden management decided to withdraw that offer so one alternative was to do that entire exercise one by one through admin panel or second was to run a update script making special price as 0.

Just in case if the special price needs to be updated via script what tables needs to be updated and why even by updating the tables it was not reflected in the website , where as updating the special price via admin panel was reflecting instantaneously. 

I would like to know both the way of doing the updation or addition of special prices via csv as well as via script. If you can help me in this regard i will be grateful.

Regards

Kiran Bhushan

This link will guide you on importing special prices using default Magento import profile.

https://gpmd.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003534126-How-to-Import-Special-Price-using-Magento-1-...

I don't have the script readily available but can send you after some time. Please try the import, it will help you for sure

--------

Hi Kalyanchakri,

I will try the solution provided by you , going by the link hopefully this will resolve my problem.

Thanks a lot for your timely help.

Regards

Kiran Bhushan

Hi @KiranBhushan,

Happy to help. Sure, please try and let us know.

--------

Hi Kalyanchakri,

• I have created excel as attached than saving it as csv file and uploading.But still it prices are not getting updated.Am i doing something wrong.Please refer the attached file where i have mentioned created excel file to be saved as csv file, log while uploading csv file and rule created as per the linkSpecialPrice.png

Hi Kalyanchakri,

Thanks a lot for your help, i am able to bulk upload special prices using csv file.is it possible to upload csv without using " with values.

Is the same solution applicable to tier price also ?

Regards

Kiran Bhushan