cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Pricing with Downloadable products

Special Pricing with Downloadable products

I have downloadable products I want to sell in different sizes so I uploaded the files and turned on the "links can be purchased separately" There is no base price, just the price for each file separately so I set the main price to 0.00 and set the prices of each file. 

Now I have several issues with this.  First the price shows as $0.00 which is misleading.  Second if I actually put a main price, it adds the price of the item they select to the main price.

Third if I leave the price at $0.00 and want to run a special price like buy 3 get 20% off, it doesn't work because the price is $0.00.

Is there a solution for this?  I would like to display the Min. price like "Starting at" and I would also like to run special pricing.

I have spent HOURS looking at different website software and testing them out and I like yours very much but I can not use it if I can't resolve this.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Special Pricing with Downloadable products

The typical way to do this would be to set the main price at the price of the cheapest item. Then set the price on each item as the price difference between the main/base price of the cheapest. 

E.g. if items cost 3, 5 and 7. Set the base price to 3 and then mark each item as 0, 2, and 4 on top of the base price. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

This doesn't work if the items are all the same price and they want to buy more than 1.

Can you elaborate on why it doesn't meet your requirements in this situation, please?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

I have downloaded files that come in different sizes. e.g. photos that come in different sizes.

If I list the files to be separately sold at $10.00 each.  I want to allow the customer to choose which size they want or if they want more than one. 

If I put the base price at $10.00 and mark the smallest size at $0.00 that is fine if they want the smallest size.  In this case if they don't want the smallest size and they add just one of the other sizes to the cart it adds the $10.00 for the other size to the base price.

If I put the base price at $10.00 and all the sizes at $10.00 then they get charged $20.00 for the first size and $10.00 for all the other sizes.

If I put the base price at $10.00 and add the sizes at $0.00 then if they want more than one size than they only get charged the $10.00 for as many sizes as they choose.

If I leave the base price at $0.00 and add $10.00 to each size than the total comes out right but the price when they first bring up the item shows $0.00 (kind of misleading). Also if the base price is at $0.00 any special pricing I add to the item does not calculate because the price is set at $0.00.

I played with many different scenarios and none of them worked.