cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for securi

There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for securi

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1001987984126

I'm getting this on my website, I can log into my cpanel File Manager but no the backend of Magento.

I'm also unaware of what version I'm running & cannot locate my error log file as I don't believe the directory exists.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for se

Hi @w222011,

If you can log into your server go to the Magento directory and then take a look into var/report.

There you'll find some files (maybe several) and, for example, there will be a file called 1001987984126 (the number you saw on your storefront message).

Open that file and you'll see what is happening or failing in your Magento installation.

Re: There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for se

Thank you Damian Culotta but I don't have a report folder under var.

Normally if you see the error 500 screen there's a report on /path/to/your/magento/var/report

If you don't have that folder maybe your problem is about permissions.

Thank You Damian Culotta, I am missing my reports folder so do I need to change permissions on my Var folder and if so, what would they be?

Without knowing the current status of your server I don't suggest anything.

You'll need to be sure that the user that execute the webserver has the right permission level to write files on those directories.