cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tier pricing incorrect in basket

Tier pricing incorrect in basket

I am having problems with tier pricing when adding products to checkout.

For example: when adding 11 of product A, the 10+ tier price is applied, which is correct.

However, if I also add 1 of product B, the 10+ price is also applied, as opposed to the 1+ price.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Tier pricing incorrect in basket

So product A and product B are completely separate products. There's next to no way out of the box that magento would use the tiered pricing of product A as the price of product B. Are you sure there aren't some shopping cart promotion rules that are taking affect?

Is it the same the other way around, is the same discount experienced? If you delete the tiered pricing on product A is deleted but you still have 10 items of product A and then add one item of product B, is a discounted price still used?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi,

Yes it works both ways. As far as I can see, there are no shopping cart promotion rules (aside from an inactive 20% voucher from a few years ago)

Thanks

Ok, and the last part of my message. It starts working if you remove the tiered pricing from the first product?

Do you have any customisations/extensions that modify this functionality?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

With 11 of product A and 1 of product B:

If I remove product A tiers, the prices remain incorrect.

If I remove product B tiers, the pricing is correct.

I'm not aware of any customisations or extensions. (This is a client's website and was originally created by another company)

@oneagencydig wrote:

With 11 of product A and 1 of product B:

If I remove product A tiers, the prices remain incorrect.

If I remove product B tiers, the pricing is correct.

I'm not aware of any customisations or extensions. (This is a client's website and was originally created by another company)

So when you remove the tiered pricing for product A, the price for product B remains incorrect? That's significant. What unit price does the product B item then use? 

You then say if you remove the product B tiers, the price is correct, that's the product B price? That suggests there's something wrong with the product B tiers, not product A tiers influencing the product B price.

----

When product B tiers are removed, both prices are correct.

If product A and B tiers are not removed, but there is only product B in
the cart, the prices are also correct.

With 1x product A and 1x product B in the cart, prices are correct.

Hmm, I'm afraid I've got as far as I can debugging this issue as a forum. It doesn't sound like a configuration error though it is a bit hard to get your head around Smiley Very Happy. A developer is probably going to need to look into this to rule out that there isn't a customisation to the platform causing this. I've never heard of a problem like this with tiered pricing before. 

----