cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process email cron after SUPEE-7405 / 1.9.2.3 update

SOLVED

Unable to process email cron after SUPEE-7405 / 1.9.2.3 update

After updating Magento, the cron job stopped working. The cron_schedule table doesn't get updated ("executed_at" and "finished_at" remain NULL past "scheduled_at" time).

I'm able to execute cron.php manually via SSH but not via cPanel cron. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to process email cron after SUPEE-7405 / 1.9.2.3 update

Update:

I found a solution in another post Not receiving order notification email Magento v1.9.1.1. In cron.php 

Open up the cron.php file in your Magento root directory (usually "public_html") and look for the following line of codes:

$isShellDisabled = (stripos(PHP_OS, ‘win’) === false) ? $isShellDisabled : true;

Add the following codes in a new line exactly after the above line of codes:

$isShellDisabled = true;

Now it works Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Update:

I found a solution in another post Not receiving order notification email Magento v1.9.1.1. In cron.php 

Open up the cron.php file in your Magento root directory (usually "public_html") and look for the following line of codes:

$isShellDisabled = (stripos(PHP_OS, ‘win’) === false) ? $isShellDisabled : true;

Add the following codes in a new line exactly after the above line of codes:

$isShellDisabled = true;

Now it works Smiley Happy

Generally you shouldn't run cron.php as a cron job and should instead use cron.sh. Shell disabling is kind of last resort approach (Windows server, or something like it ...)

Tanel Raja

Hai,

Iam a beiginner in magento .  In my website the cron jobs are not working . When i send a newsletter via que its not sendin any mails to sybscribers . And the product alert mail function is not working . Iam using the Magento version 1.9.1.1 . 

website Url :  http://globalsocialcenter.com/

My cron job path is 

*/15****/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/globalsoc/public_html/cron.sh

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/globalsoc/public_html/cron.sh

What you're trying to do is to use PHP to execute Bash script. Needless to say it doesn't work. And what is this -q option anyway?

You could try something like that instead: /bin/sh /home/globalsoc/public_html/cron.sh but this command is kind of system specific.

Tanel Raja