cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Urgent.!!]Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.com.

[Urgent.!!]Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.com.

Hi,

I am getting this message when trying to reset password in my Magento 2.1 store. Below procedure will replicate the issue.

1. Go to forgot password page, give an email address

2. It will work for the first email id [i.e., email will be sent]

3. Again go to forgot password page and

Give another email address [registered or unregistered] and submit the forgot password form again

4. This time, we will get the message saying "Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.com."

Any experts, please help me resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance...!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: [Urgent.!!]Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.

Hi,
under store -> configuration -> customer -> customer configuration  you have the password option fields.

Edit those settings according to your needs (ex. Min Time Between Password Reset Requests: 0  to disable limits between each attempt of password resets)

You should be fine

Re: [Urgent.!!]Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.

Hi Luca,

Thanks a ton for your valuable reply. It is working fine. Thanks again...Smiley Happy

Regards,

Abdul

its not working for me i have set theMin Time Between Password Reset Requests=0 but it will say
Too many password reset requests. Please wait and try again or contact hello@example.com

plz help me

Somewhat related I suppose, but what is recommended way to change "hello@example.com" to an email we'd like. Can it be done without creating a module?

@jwpeters wrote:

Somewhat related I suppose, but what is recommended way to change "hello@example.com" to an email we'd like. Can it be done without creating a module?

So now I feel a bit silly. Just in case this helps anyone else, the hello@example.com comes from the store configuration. Stores > Configuration > General > Contacts > Email Options.

i dont get what you mean

i dont get it help

explain claera

Please help me resolve this issue , I only tried to reset my password twice 

Can someone please help with logging me in