cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed cookie in admin and can't login to admin area

changed cookie in admin and can't login to admin area

I changed the cookie settings in admin to try and help me fix an issue where customers couldn't login using chrome. But now I'm logged out.

Please help me.

I've cleared the cache through ftp but still having issues. Thought i'd try and use reset password but thats not working either.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: changed cookie in admin and can't login to admin area

Which setting did you update? Did you update cookie domain? Try to recall the configuration you update and fix it directly from the database core config table.

Resetting password would not help.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

you can change the cookie value from phpmyadmin directly, once updated clear the cookies of browser and test it again

core_config_data (table) -> web/cookie/cookie_domain (path)

core_config_data (table) -> web/cookie/cookie_path (path)

By Softwarehtec

Possible causes include

Local computer time vs. server time mismatch, causing instant cookie invalidation. Make sure your server time is correct.

Incorrect permissions on var/session, preventing session files from being saved

Incorrect configuration of database/redis/other session storage, preventing saving of session values

A module is instantiating sessions to early, preventing the correct session names from being set

You're a developer using multiple URLs and have multiple cookie domains

Another developer has somehow modified

app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Session\Abstract\Varien.php, creating a hard to track down bug

The cookie domain in System -> Configuration -> Web -> Session Cookie Management doesn't match the actual site domain.

You're using the localhost as your server domain, and using a version of webkit that has trouble/bugs setting cookies for
localhost in some situations.

The short term fix is to just delete your cookie for the domain. That's often enough to solve the problem. If it persists, figure out which of the above reasons is the reason for your error, and take steps to address it (fix permissions, etc.)

Refrence Link :- https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/26071/magento-1-9-can-t-login-to-admin-panel

Elsner Technologies

I had this issue while using ubuntu 20.04 and other versions, It seems to be an apachie configuration issue and looking up/redirecting cookie domain issue:

Quick fix:

In your DATABASE find your core_config_data  table and change the value of the web/cookie/cookie_domain to be:

and NOT

.YOURDOMAIN.com

while developing, Once you have finished developing and you have migrated the DB you must chance to .YOURDOMAIN.com

Alternative you must mirror your live server setting (Hosted Web Server) or reconfigure your local apachie settings.