cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento 1.9.2

Re: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento

please edit /var/brute-force.ini

set: brute-force-bad-attempts-count = 0

you had too much bad logins...

Re: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento

Hi. If you have SSH access, you can login your server

1- Switch to the magento root directory on your server

2- Run the following code where "User" is the Username of the user who has been disabled. Note: Make sure you don't add the "" to the username.

php bin/magento admin:user:unlock "Developer"

Hi @rapidweb,

This thread is about Magento 1 and the bin/magento console is only Magento 2.

Your answer should be correct for M2.

Using opensource 1.9.3.8 I started getting this same problem today.

Was working fine yesterday now no admin can login.

Did anyone find out what the problem was.

I was on vacation so I haven't changed anything in the last week.

And my other admins can only work in sales orders.

Hi @RichardCaldwell,

What about the var/brute-force.ini file? How many attempts?

Maybe you should change admin password using the database and then check the code and database integrity.

Also, check for new admin and api users.

Checked the encrypted password with a backup copy of the data base and found that 1 character was missing, as well as all the users were missing but 2.

I went ahead and fixed the password and got back in, Changed my username and password as well as the admin url.

No new users are setup in admin or as api users.

I had the very same problem that occurred right after I enabled Form Key Validation On Checkout in Admin. I did it because Magento asked me to after I've updated to 1.9.3.9 .

In my case, all the admin users are already "is_active" = 1.

I went into phpmyadmin and edited the affected account under "admin_user" table:

"First_Failure" & "Lock_Expires" columns should be "NULL"

I had a date for both fields and I originally tried editing the time in the "Lock_Expires" column to no avail.

Make sure to set them to NULL

if you forgot your password to the account I used the forgot password link, or you can erase the password column and write your own password.

**Recommend changing once logged in as a manually typed password in database will be visible instead of MD5 Hash.

Good Luck!

It worked, in PHPMYADMIN I edited the

"admin_user" table:

with:

"First_Failure" & "Lock_Expires" columns should be "NULL"

And worked.

Thanks a lot.