cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add static block into “home” category from backend

Add static block into “home” category from backend

HI,

I saw that in possible add a static block from the category management into Magento backend as you can see in picture

Screen

I tried to add the static block and to display it but it doesn't work.

I want to display a different static block for each categories that I have (e.g. for the category 1 I want display a gallery with only pictures that are about the specific category also a little banner that have a specific content for the specific category, and so for every category)

How can I fix it? I prefer to manage it from the backend

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Add static block into “home” category from backend

Hi,

You need to set up the Display Mode as per your requirement.

There are 3 Options - 

1. Products Only - Only display products listing from particular category

2. Static Block Only - You need to set the CMS block by selecting your static block from the drop-down. This option will only show your static block content on category page.

3. Static block & Products  - This option will allow you to add both static block & product on category page,

Make sure your static block is enabled & selected in the dropdown with required Display mode set in from above options.

Hi,

before write here I displayed as static block + products, the static block is enabled and selected ( I tested it also with a static block that I use in homepage so the static block is ok)

But it doesn't work... how can you help me?

Hi,

Did you tried clearing cache from "var/cache" folder? what is your Magento version?

yes, I did.... I'm using Magento ver. 1.9.1.0