cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change category header via XML?

Change category header via XML?

Let's say I have a category named Clearance in the navigation bar. When I click on it, the header also says Clearance and the appropriate products display underneath. Is it possible to change the header to say something else? I'm looking to have the navigation bar still say clearance, but the category header would say something different. Looking to keep it fairly simple and specific to that one category...maybe a custom XML update can interact with this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change category header via XML?

Could you share a screenshot showing what you mean please?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

My apologies – I tried to earlier but found that my picture wasn't being accepted.

I'm trying to change the circled text without delving into our code. It would still say Clearance in the nav bar and Home / Clearance as a directory...but I'm looking to have the header changed to something else. Hoping it can be done through Magento's Custom Layout Update but I'm no coder and I can't figure this one out.

Example

This is achieved in a template and it simply uses the name of the category.

<div class="page-title category-title">
    <?php if($this->IsRssCatalogEnable() && $this->IsTopCategory()): ?>
        <a href="<?php echo $this->getRssLink() ?>" class="link-rss"><?php echo $this->__('Subscribe to RSS Feed') ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <h1><?php echo $_helper->categoryAttribute($_category, $_category->getName(), 'name') ?></h1>
</div>

So you'd need to override the template to make this change. 

The template you'll need to copy into your theme and edit is app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/category/view.phtml. 

If you need it to work from XML, you could add some data to the block using XML and then edit the template to use this if it exists, otherwise fall back to the category name. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!