cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable swatch on CMS pages

Configurable swatch on CMS pages

Using the RWD theme and I have the configurable swatches working on the category list view as well as the product view. I'm trying to make a custom CMS page that shows multiple categories on one page, but the swatches don't appear on that. 

Here is the code I'm using on the CMS pages to show the categories:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="4" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

Any idea why this list is treated differently than the main category lists and why the configurable swatches won't show up?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Configurable swatch on CMS pages

The configurable swatches module has the following layout file: https://github.com/OpenMage/magento-mirror/blob/magento-1.9/app/design/frontend/rwd/default/layout/c...

It adds some code to product list pages. This isn't automatically added to CMS pages just because a product list is inserted. 

You could try adding the following to the layout xml of the cms page to see if this is all you need to do to fix the problem:

<update handle="product_list"/>
----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: Configurable swatch on CMS pages

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it didn't work. I don't really understand why these lists behave so differently. Do you think there is an easier way to do this? Seems like it should be pretty standard.