cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merged CSS problems in old versions of Internet Explorer

SOLVED

Merged CSS problems in old versions of Internet Explorer

My site is working well in Chrome, FF, IE10 and up, however in IE 8 and 9 a big chuck of the styles are misssing (headers, buttons, etc are the wrong color)

Two stylesheets are generated by the theme itself from settings in the admin. Theres are the styles that are missing in IE.

If I do not merge the stylesheets then the site works fine in IE 8 and 9, making it a bit diifficult to debug.

Has anyone else had an issue with old IE and merged CSS?

I wil probably end up creating an IE 9 stylesheet and including it directly in the header instead of via local.xml

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Merged CSS problems in old versions of Internet Explorer

Turns out the CSS generated by the theme had a small error in it which all browsers other than IE <= 9 overlooked. IE just ignored the entire stylesheet.

Quick fix was to just copy the stylesheet, fix the error and include it via local.xml for < IE9 only.

Does mean that if changes are made to the styles via the admin that these won't change older versions of IE, but since the percentage of customers on IE9 is so low we can live with that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Merged CSS problems in old versions of Internet Explorer

Turns out the CSS generated by the theme had a small error in it which all browsers other than IE <= 9 overlooked. IE just ignored the entire stylesheet.

Quick fix was to just copy the stylesheet, fix the error and include it via local.xml for < IE9 only.

Does mean that if changes are made to the styles via the admin that these won't change older versions of IE, but since the percentage of customers on IE9 is so low we can live with that.