cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page layout problem and footer issue on Cms pages.

Page layout problem and footer issue on Cms pages.

Hi there I have designed a few CMS pages and added animation to them. I have tried running the page with Cache on and off and wont fix problem - I have also tried disabling WYSIG editor and still no joy.  

Problem is when the page renders for viewing. the 2 top buttons drop slightly and the footer expands and doesn't display correctly.

Please see for yourself below. 

Help Vacation Rentals  Resorts   Hotels..png

If you want to go to the page directly please feel free to visit www.villalife.co.uk/help

Any Help on this would be really appreciated. All the other pages work correctly apart from the Cms pages in footer. 

Regards, 

Rich M

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Page layout problem and footer issue on Cms pages.

Hi @Chilledritch,

The HTML and CSS for that page could be really improved, however this is a quick fix for your problem that works at all resolutions:

Implement the following CSS property on the .fr_features_block class:

padding-bottom: 50px;

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi Gabriel, and thanks. I've tried to find the exact path for your solution although please understand I am not a Magento developer, I have literally built the page myself. no knowledge of Magento protocol. Trying to add your suggestion to page but dont know where to add it. I tried to find the path you stated but its not showing up. I do know I need some of the sites code re-writing but that will come in time. 

Regards, 

Rich M

Hi,

in my opinion the problem is link to the class ".b-content" who have negative margin.

If you have access to magento styles.css file who is located in /skin/frontend/you_package/your_theme/css/styles.css make this change :

/* OLD CODE */
.b-content {
    min-height: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto -50px;
    /*padding-bottom: 50px;*/
}

/* NEW CODE */
.b-content {
    min-height: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

Regards, 

Laurent

Regards,

Laurent

Hi Laurent, 

many thanks for your help, I followed your steps, Although could not find .b-content anywhere in the said file. Any other Idea's. 

Regards, 

Rich M