cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Results Page Layout Issue

Search Results Page Layout Issue

Recently came across a layout issue on my websites Catalog Search Results page.  Whenever a search result returns 4 or less products the "actions" DIV with the price & add-to-cart button is displayed out of place above the product image and name (in grid mode).  This element is positioned absolute and whenever I remove this css-style the div moves back below the image, however I need to keep this style otherwise it wont display correctly on all our category pages.    

Search.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Search Results Page Layout Issue

Add "relative" property value for parent wrapper.
for eg:
Please check attached screen shotsolution.png

----------------------------------

some limitation was added on your local.xml file please remove that

Layout Path: 'your-theme/layout/local.xml'
Handler : catalogsearch_result_index

Take a look at Limit number of products shown list.phtml

{{block type="catalog/product_list" limit="4" category_id="13" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

To accomplish this using layout.xml then use setLimit

<action method="setLimit">4</action>

Eg

<block type="catalog/product_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">
<action method="setLimit">4</action>
</block>

Re: Search Results Page Layout Issue

Really appreciate the reply.  I tried playing around with the css styles you suggested, however it seems I would need to re-work the Products Grid page in order to make it work the way you suggested.  This seems like it would be counter-productive, as the product grid pages work as they should except for when there are 4 or less products being displayed.  I then tried to follow the other suggestion you made regarding my local.xml file, but I also ran into issues there.  I don't have a declaration in my local file referring to the catalogsearch_result_index handler.  I also checked the list.phtml file and didn't see anything in there.  Please advise.