cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home page layout

home page layout

Im very new to magento, my home page design is 2 columns and right bar,i want to the top half of home page to stay 2 columns and right bar but the other half which contains new products to be 1 column instead of 2 column with right bar. I tried to change that from CMS,But it looks we cant determine what part of home page to change it's design.

here is a screenshot to be more clear.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: home page layout

Hi Abdullah,

You need to change the width of <li> tag using CSS.Hope this help you 

Re: home page layout

You can create the custom layout for home page. As if you modify the default 2 column right layout it will get affected on all pages where it is applied like my account, checkout etc.

You can create the custom layout using the 2column right layout & apply it only for home page with required changes. 

First create extension with only config file in it:  app/code/local/Namespace/AdditionalCmsPageLayouts/etc/config.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
 <global>
  <page>
   <layouts>
    <custom_static_page_one>
     <label>Custom static page 1</label>
     <template>page/custom-static-page-1.phtml</template>
    </custom_static_page_one>
   </layouts>
  </page>
 </global>
</config>

Then activate it: app/etc/modules/Namespace_AdditionalCmsPageLayouts.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
 <modules>
  <Namespace_AdditionalCmsPageLayouts>
   <codePool>local</codePool>
   <active>true</active>
  </Namespace_AdditionalCmsPageLayouts>
 </modules>
</config>

Clear cache, add your page/custom-static-page-1.phtml template file or copy 2column right file from default &rename it as above to your current theme and you’re done.

Once It is active you can see this new page in admin  > layout section to select under CMS pages.