cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[1.9.1.0] customer registration error "Please make sure your password match"

[1.9.1.0] customer registration error "Please make sure your password match"

Hello,

since my last upgrade from 1.9.0.1 to 1.9.1.0, customer can't register any more.

When submit registration, an error appears "Please make sure your password match", I don't understand why.

On the same server, a fresh install with new database don't have this problem.

I already try, deactivate Cache, Compilation, clean Cache, test with changing in customer.php "$confirmation = $this->getConfirmation();" , but all the same.

Thank you for helping.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: [1.9.1.0] customer registration error "Please make sure your password match"

After some hours spent in reading google search, I resolved the problem but I can't say where it is really.

I changed my old template to the new Responsive Default Template, with same problem, after that, I deleted completely the  old template from templatemaster and replaced the directory /media/js by the new 1.9.1.0

After that all work nice like a fresh install.

Re: [1.9.1.0] customer registration error "Please make sure your password match"

If someone can't figure out, why this is happening:
The Conlabz Useroptin extension (http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/newsletter-double-opt-in-for-customers.html) can cause this behavior aswell.

EDIT: Extension has been updated and won't give any problems with 1.9 anymore.

Go to file app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Customer.php

Find the below code : $confirmation = $this->getPasswordConfirmation(); Change this to : $confirmation = $this->getConfirmation();

If this still doesn’t work then add it to a condition mentioned below

if(Mage::app()->getFrontController()->getRequest()->getModuleName() == ‘onepagecheckout’) {
    $confirmation = $this->getConfirmation();
} else {
    $confirmation = $this->getPasswordConfirmation();
}