cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Inchoo Patch

SOLVED

Installing Inchoo Patch

Is installing the inchoo patch as simple as downloading the latest app/code and app/etc files and ftp them up to my server?  Well that is what I did and then i switched my php version to 7 and logged in but I don't know how to tell if it is running on 7 now and if it all "worked"  when i run php inchoo_php7_test.php  I dont get anything at all as a result, the command line just comes back to the prompt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing Inchoo Patch

Hey there, using FTP is the same as installing using other mechanisms. You can go to app/etc/modules/Inchoo_PHP7.xml and ensure the line below is set to true.

<active>true</active>

You can also create a file phpinfo.php with the contents below, then hit it in your web browser to ensure PHP is using version 7.

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @tagteamc,

Normally yes, just install the module and that's all.

Of course, maybe some custom module or third-part module can have some errors, but that is a different story.

Can you check this command on your server's console?

php -v

Can you share the output?

Hey Damian,

php -v shows as PHP 7.0.28  but when running the command I am logged in to the shell as root after using sudo from a log in user, not the account in question.

In cpanel multiphp editor for the domain it does show PHP Version ea-php70 as well.

My big concern was the "install module" i am a system admin and I am used to "ftp'ing files to the server"  Which appears to be the same as "install module" in this case.

Hey there, using FTP is the same as installing using other mechanisms. You can go to app/etc/modules/Inchoo_PHP7.xml and ensure the line below is set to true.

<active>true</active>

You can also create a file phpinfo.php with the contents below, then hit it in your web browser to ensure PHP is using version 7.

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

I enabled php_info on my server and tested and it does show php 7 and I checked the file and it is true. 

Thanks for the help.  Since i am an admin I think of installing a module as some sort of package that you upload and install like a wordpress theme or plugin.  So the use of  the term "install a module" that is really just ftp'ing files to the server was just a bit confusing to me.

Thanks for the confirmation, looks like my inchoo patch is installed and running correctly.