cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the end of life date for Magento 1.9x community edition?

SOLVED

Re: What is the end of life date for Magento 1.9x community edition?

The dates have been rumored for quite some time. And now we’re all clear about the specifics of Magento 1’s end of life and there is no need to worry about Magento 1 End-of-life in 2018

May I remind you all that there is the lovely project from OpenMage called 'magento-lts'?

https://github.com/openmage/magento-lts

It has over 60 contributors and works better than any version provided by Magento (it has tons of fixes that Magento themselves refuse (or don't have the resources for) to implement because of Magento 2)

my question is Magento 1 end of life june 2020 ? due to covid-19 this date extend
because due to covid-19 big financial attack and now not move M1 to M2 if you extend more 2 years this M1 expiry date i think is good for all magento 1 users

Hi @alpha_moin,

Based on the available (and public) information that won't happen.

The EOL date was announced several years ago so isn't something new.

Also, there are some technology situations (PHP and Mysql versions for example) to think in a new 2 years extension time.

Don't get me wrong, I love Magento 1, but things can't last forever.

Hi @Damian Culotta 

Could we expect to get an official response confirming this? 

As @alpha_moin mentioned we are currently operating in unprecedented times. 

It would be amazing if Merchants could avoid any unnecessary upgrades/projects and reallocate their resources to more pressing matters. 

The last official update I can find on this is from 2018.

Hi @joshuabeded1eb,

First of all, I would like to be clear that I'm not part of Magento (the company) so mine are opinions based on the information that me, as user and developer, can get on Internet. The same than you and everybody else.

I understand and mostly agree with the part of " unnecessary upgrades/projects and reallocate their resources to more pressing matters".

But at the same time, as you pointed, that last post was announced 2 years ago (more or less) after several public discussions about that topic.

Is my understanding that you must work on the migration (to the solution that fits better on your business model) right now.

There are some 3rd-party initiatives trying to provide more time (not so much) for Merchants on M1 to get some time to move forward with migration.

I guess you should follow that path.

I didn't found any information (in the open) that make me think that the EOL won't happen next month.

(my 2 cents)

Hi @joshuabeded1eb 

You may read following announcement https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-DevBlog/How-Extension-Developers-Can-Prepare-for-M1-End-of-...
for some official information.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum