cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Pricing for Configurable Products

SOLVED

Advanced Pricing for Configurable Products

I am trying to set sale pricing on configurable products in my dev store (M2 EE 2.1). I don't see Magento documentation for anything but setting sale pricing on Simple products.

I have set the sale price on each individual child item (I hope that Magento addresses this as a problem that needs to be addressed!). But the price on page load appears like this:

SPECIAL PRICE $40.00 Was $40.00

The price only changes to the correct sale price when a customer chooses a color/size.

Is this a Magento bug? Or am I missing a step? I have attached screenshots of 2 configurable products and how they show special pricing when all child products are set with sale price.

special_price.pngspecial_price2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Advanced Pricing for Configurable Products

This is default functionality of magento 2. I dont know whether this is magento functionality or Bugs.

Its not your issue, Its related to magento core.

You also raise issue on magento 2 github if you want.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is default functionality of magento 2. I dont know whether this is magento functionality or Bugs.

Its not your issue, Its related to magento core.

You also raise issue on magento 2 github if you want.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

As I am a Magento site/business owner and not a developer, I do not use github.

This issue is not "solved" so I would love to hear if any 3rd party developer has come up with a solution for this problem for 2.1.7.

It seems to me that Magento online support is always directing people to github/stackexchange and providing only programming solutions to problems (that no Magento site owner would be able to accomplish without hiring a developer). It's very frustrating.