cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart Weight Notification at checkout

Cart Weight Notification at checkout

Hello,

We are in the final development of our webshop. I am using Magento 2.2.3 for my webshop and I am having https://www.mageworx.com/magento-2-shipping-suite.html for my shipping stuff and aheadworks's smart one step checkout extension for the checkout option. My shipping policy is that up to 28 kilo its free to ship in one box (if an amount of €50 as order amount) and if the order amount is still €50 or €60, there might be some orders exceeds this 28 Kilo and I may need to do make the second box to do the shipping. The cost of the shipping will automatically apply to cart, but I have to show the customer that the gross weight of their cart is this like 28 Kg, so it shall arrive in one box. and if their cart is like 29 kg, it should show that your cart is 29 kg so it shall arrive on two boxes. Then there is no confusion about the extra charges happened. 

So the question is how to fix this issue. Is there any solution for this. My developer said that he needs some time to do it, so better to look for an extension or code. I am in search from last few hours and couldn't find.

Please help

Please go through the images and then you may get an Idea, what I actually need.

Regards

Prasobh

could anyone help me here?Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 17.28.17.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-16 at 04.17.45.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-16 at 04.18.15.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cart Weight Notification at checkout

Hello @Prasobh Allways

For this you need to little bit customization.

Magento 2 already save item info quote_item table.

You need to get $quoteItem->getWeight() from quote and you need to summation of that.

Hope it will help you.

If it will work then mark as Solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Thanks for your response. 

Sure,

I will forward it to my developer.

And meantime I would like to ask you that is there any extension available for this?

Immediate response will be appreciated.

Hi @Prasobh Allways

No one is looking for display weight on site, i don't think extension available for that.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I have passed the information you shared, to my developer. Didn't get any update regarding that from him. Will mark your reply as the solution once I get a confirmation from him.

Regards

Thanks