cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Customizable Options for each Configurations

Different Customizable Options for each Configurations

Hi, I can't figure out one moment with Customizable Options and Configurations.

I have product with 3 configurations and I need set Different Customizable Options for each configuration item.
Example: product T-Shirt has 3 configurations Size: XL, L, M
And I need set Customizable Options for "T-Shirt -XL" Color: Red, Orange

Customizable Options for "T-Shirt - L" Color: Blue, Green

Customizable Options for "T-Shirt - M" Color: Black

I can set one Customizable Option for all, but I can't set Customizable Option for each configuration. If I set Customizable Option for configuration this configuration doesn't showing (it disappears from the dropdown on the main page of product ).

Do someone see this problem and solve it?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Different Customizable Options for each Configurations

I think the issue may be that you're trying to use Customizable Options. I believe, from what you've described, that you really want to use Configurations only. There are multiple steps to doing this right, including setting up attributes properly, but once you've done it, I think you'll have exactly what you're looking for:

You can learn more about setting up a configurable product, with step-by-step instructions, at: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-create-configurable.html

If you follow these steps, you should wind up with your product page showing up with the proper options for the desired sizes and colors based upon which are available in your store, even taking into account anything that's out-of-stock if you manage your inventory in Magento.