cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for 3D Secure on CE 2.2 using PayPal Pro

SOLVED

Solution for 3D Secure on CE 2.2 using PayPal Pro

Hi

We are using Community Edition 2.2 and PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution as our payment gateway.  

We are keen to enable 3D Secure, but understand that this feature isn't yet available as default on M2 Community edition for PayPal.  

We've had documentation from both PayPal and Cardinal Centinel, but the Cardinal Centinel documentation is for M1. I've tried to contact them but not yet made any progress. 

Has anyone come across a good solution for this? Or built the integration themselves? 

(Please note that I am a product owner and not a developer so have limited technical understanding)

Many thanks

Isabel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Solution for 3D Secure on CE 2.2 using PayPal Pro

I spoke with someone from Cardinal (provider of 3D Secure). 

They have developed a plugin for Magento 1 which should be soon following testing this week. A plugin for Magento 2 is scheduled for development and they hope to deliver it at the beginning of 2019. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi!

Sorry for possible not related to the topic, but I came across your question. And I want to share with you one extension that includes 3D-Secure for Mangento 2.
It is not PayPal, but it is a trustable payment system. Maybe you find it interesting too.

It includes 3D-secure support and it makes your store more flexible for your customer's payments.

Netpay Payment M2 from extait.com

https://extait.com/netpay-payment-m2.html

Many thanks for the suggestion. We will take a look. 

I spoke with someone from Cardinal (provider of 3D Secure). 

They have developed a plugin for Magento 1 which should be soon following testing this week. A plugin for Magento 2 is scheduled for development and they hope to deliver it at the beginning of 2019. 

Hi, I know this is an older question but I just came across it.

Specifically when using the "Hosted" version of PayPal Payments Pro, the settings for 3-D Secure are fond within the PayPal account itself, it's a simple checkbox selection.

The same does not apply to PayPal Pro "direct" (as was available in Magento 1.x) - which requires an integration with the CardinalCommerce API called "Centinel".

How to enable 3-D Secure authentication on PayPal Payments Pro Hosted Solution:
1. Log into your PayPal business account.
2. Click on “Profile” / “Settings” gear on the top right
3. Click on “My Selling Preferences” (may be called “My Selling Tools” on some accounts) on the left hand side
4. Click “update” beside “Hosted Solution Settings”:

5. Click on “Security Settings”
6. Tick the card types you want to check through 3-D Secure authentication.

7. Then hit “Save Changes”

Whether you answer “yes” or “no” to the above options is down to individual merchant preference.
When you set this to “No” you will *only* accept transactions that have been authenticated via 3-D secure.