cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable out-of-stock trigger in Inventory

SOLVED

Disable out-of-stock trigger in Inventory

Hi Magento Community!

I have configured Magento 2.2.7 to Manage stock for all products with backorders enabled. If I understand correctly, "out-of-stock threshold" value of 0 allows for infinite stock and thus products will always be in stock regardless of backordered quantity. In this case quantity in Magento should drop below 0 but the products should be available for purchase (be in stock).

However, I noticed that for some products if the quantity in stock equals 0 and an order is placed for this product, it's quantity becomes -1 but the product availability status becomes "out of stock".

I've just started using Inventory management functions of Magento and I wonder how can I make the products to always be in stock. I've tried setting negative out-of-stock threshold but this seems to be working only with Magento 2.3. Can anybody help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disable out-of-stock trigger in Inventory

It turned out this behavior was triggered by third-party extension, and now everything works as expected after customizing the above mentioned extension.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @DK_dev 

when you set backorder yes then it will never go to out of stock status.

if you are set backorder and product is already out of stock then it will not work, so you need to change product in stock as well.

If you want to try then set product qty 1 and set backorder yes and buy 5 product, you will see product stock set -4 but it will still show in stock.

hope it will clear your doubts, if help you then mark as a solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

@Sunil Patel 

Thanks for the information!

As all the products have "in stock" status, the workflow you mentioned doesn't seem to be working as I'm still getting the status changed to "out of stock" somehow when the product is ordered

I'm using Magento extension to sync all inventory to Odoo 12 ERP. Maybe this is somehow related to inventory in Magento behaving like that.

It turned out this behavior was triggered by third-party extension, and now everything works as expected after customizing the above mentioned extension.

Hello! I am facing the same issue. Do you think you can tell me what extension that caused this issue for you? Thank you!

@DK_dev wrote:

I am facing the same issue with Magento 2.4.1 & odoo 14 ERP
I enabled Backorders but still products show "Out of Stock" once ERP reaches 0 qty

could you please share with me the solution you figured for this issue

If that helps, Magento Odoo Bridge caused this issue for me.

@wafihafezgefcc wrote:

@DK_dev wrote:

I am facing the same issue with Magento 2.4.1 & odoo 14 ERP
I enabled Backorders but still products show "Out of Stock" once ERP reaches 0 qty

could you please share with me the solution you figured for this issue

@wafihafezgefcc I'm not quite sure exactly what changed since this has been a long time ago, but I think updating Magento Odoo Bridge (Magento extension) from v.2.5.4 to 2.5.5 solved the issue.