cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign created attribute to specific store view

How to assign created attribute to specific store view

Hi,

I have checked so many different pllces for this answer and can't find it.

I have created a new attribute, us size and want to use it for a specific store view, US Store view which I have created.

When editing the attribute, in the Advanced Attribute Properties - Scope I have chosen store view, but where is the section to select and assign the attribute to only show the US size attribute in the US store view site.

I have not been able to find anywhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to assign created attribute to specific store view

Hi @m2newbie,

I think that you are misunderstanding what the scope option means.

With that option you'll set if the module will store values that can be changed on different scopes (or not).

What you're trying to do isn't possible out-of-the-box.

If an attribute is set to be used and showing on frontend, it will appear no matter which store view are you using. Only the value of that attribute can be different (it depends on your attributes configurations and your catalaog, of course).

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the begineers question and am a little lost now.

What is the point of assigning the scope of the attribute then? Might as well be there one option to be set to global if it will appear on all store views regardless.

What approach do I have to take in order to achieve the above? Have attributes to only appear in certain store views?

Thanks for taking the time to respond in relation to this.

@m2newbie,

The idea behind attribute values scopes is useful on multilangue stores.

Imagine a fashion store that sells products in english and spanish. Then, you have a product (a dress or a t-shirt... whatever).

If, for example, you allow the description attribute to have different values on each store view (and understanding that store views are mainly used for multilanguage websites), you can set the english description and the spanish description in the same attrbiute.

Basically, this is why you can choose scope for values.

Another attributes can only be different per websites and another attributes are global (for example: is in stock).

Regarding your problem:

You will need to code that logic/behavior to allow Magento to choose if a given attribute can be shown on some store view or website.

@Damian Culotta,

Thank you very much fro the clarification.

I understand the function of the attribute which I was aware as I have translated some of the of the attributes but thought it was also possible to set the attribute to appear only in specific store views.

Thanks aagain for your time and replying.