cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a maximum order quantity in Magento2

SOLVED

How to set a maximum order quantity in Magento2

How do I set a maximum order quantity for items and a maximum shopping cart value?
I would like to avoid fraud and nonsensical orders in the fashion sector, e.g. 5x the same (size&color) t-shirt or orders over 3.000 euros. For me it is enough to set the values globally, i.e. not for specific customer groups or assortments.
Thanks for good advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to set a maximum order quantity in Magento2

Hello @CHammerbaxc452 

Magento is not providing a global configuration for every SKU. But your requirement is achievable by default Magento.

To do so you need to edit the product (if configurable then set the configuration as a child product). then select advance inventory and set the same thing for the one-by-one products.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @CHammerbaxc452 

Go  to store > configurations > catalog > inventory then  under the product stock option you can see the setting to set the "maximum order quantity"

Please set that as per your requirement.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation

Dear @dipmegpro 

Thanks for your support. I understand this setting related to the maximum items in the cart. a maximum cart size is helpful, however I am looking for a globally adjustable maximum order count per item /SKU , eg "3" means than you can order maximum 3 green sweater in size M, maximum 3 white tshirts in S, ... 

Hello @CHammerbaxc452 

Magento is not providing a global configuration for every SKU. But your requirement is achievable by default Magento.

To do so you need to edit the product (if configurable then set the configuration as a child product). then select advance inventory and set the same thing for the one-by-one products.