cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento in cPanel PHP Extensions Missing

Installing Magento in cPanel PHP Extensions Missing

Hello!

Hope you all keeping safe!

I have a VPS where im hosting a cpanel for a website. When I tried installing Magento 2.3.4 for the first time it failed and listed several extensions I was missing at the time so I went to EasyApache 4 in my WHM page and installed those extensions.

Magento started installing but when it reached 5% installing in cPanel, with Installatron saying it was installing the database, it stops and says: Installing: Error: An error occurred while executing the application API. All I can do now is uninstall and delete the database it created.

Searching for answers I found that I need other extensions other that what the installation required so I went to EasyApache to enable them but they don't appear in there. The ones that don't appear are:

ext-ctype

ext-dom

ext-hash

ext-openssl

ext-pdo_mysql

ext-simplexml

ext-xsl

lib-libxml

This is according to required extensions in: https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/install-gde/prereq/php-settings.html

How can I get this extensions installed so I can enable them to succesfully install Magento?

Thank you very much in advance!

Santiago

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Installing Magento in cPanel PHP Extensions Missing

Hi @sabeltranh72c4 

You can ask to server support to get it installed. Also make sure the php version.

It should be 7.2 or 7.3

Hello I have PHP 7.3

Funny thing is that server support would be me as it's my VPS so my host cant help me there since I'm supposed to figure this stuff out. Right now I'm trying to install the missing extensions from terminal but for some reason when I do yum php -m I get the missing extensions listed but when I go to turn them on from Easy Apache 4 these extensions are not listed for me to turn on.

Right now I can install Magento from installatron if I do a clean Magento install (I'll add my own content!). This way the installation goes through to 100% but I cant access anything and accessing my website just gives me 404 errors instead of the normal host page when you have no content in your page.

Now if i check "Please add the Magento demo content during install" intallation when it goes to 99% it gives this error:

Installing: Error: 2020-04-08 07:15:31.19479600 FAILURE [3; /usr/bin/curl] http://www.MYWEBSITE.com/setup/index.php/install/start [http code=503] @155.92.34.147(155.92.34.147)* Error: An error occurred while executing the application API.

*Changed that ip address there and my website its not mywebsite Smiley Tongue

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

you should enable extension "zip",i tried, then worked.

how did you solve the missing Extensions problem, i am facing same issue, also its vps so no support in addition new to magento, please if you may share your experience.

Can a friend who knows this error well can help?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@bicakal. to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hi dear friend,,, did you solved your problem about missing your extensions if yes, I wall be thankful guide me that way . best wishes