cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to discard catalog price rule while cart price rule (specific coupon) is activated?

SOLVED

Is there a way to discard catalog price rule while cart price rule (specific coupon) is activated?

I have several catalog price rules active.

Is there a way to discard catalog price rules while a cart price rule- ie specific coupon- is activated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to discard catalog price rule while cart price rule (specific coupon) is activate

Hi @wolffseacr9caf ,

Yes any coupon which we trying to applying on our cart and cart doesn't satisfy the coupon conditions then we get this coupon invalid error message.

Thanks

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is there a way to discard catalog price rule while cart price rule (specific coupon) is activate

Hi @wolffseacr9caf ,

If you want your rule to discard other rules and applied single as a rule. Please set discard subsequent rule config setting in rule to yes.

Please do cache flush and perform reindexing if required.

Hope it helps you.

Problem solved! Click Kudos & Aceept as Solution!

Hi @Nishu Jindal 

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried that, as well as setting priority, and still, the discounted catalog price doesn't change/return to the original price after I submit the coupon.

Hi @wolffseacr9caf ,

Can you please try solution given in below link:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/34087/how-do-i-exclude-special-price-products-from-coupo...

Hope it helps you!

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

should the end result be to see the COUPON INVALID message?

Hi @wolffseacr9caf ,

Yes any coupon which we trying to applying on our cart and cart doesn't satisfy the coupon conditions then we get this coupon invalid error message.

Thanks

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

@Nishu Jindal 

a quick follow-up.. the solution worked when I had 1 product with a special price in the cart.

When I added to the cart another product that doesn't have a special price, the coupon still didn't work.

Is there a solution for this?