cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 - Can't get catalog products to display

SOLVED

Magento 2 - Can't get catalog products to display

I have read about as many posts on this as I can but I am still drawing a blank. I have inventory control set to no as the site is for an embroidery company who makes products to order, so no stock required. I have display out of stock items set to yes, I also have ensured the products are enabled and in valid category spots. The categories are also enabled. Theme is stock out of the box 2.0 theme.

What am I missing? I have over 10k products, and not a single one displays when browsing. However searching for items displays them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 - Can't get catalog products to display

Turns out it was the 3rd party plugin "lit-extension" doing it. This was a WP-Ecommerce to Magento migration and their plugin was butchering something on the import. Countless times with the vendor resulted in "it's a config issue on your end" until finally they changed something in their import script and magically everything works.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Publish your backend and frontend problem pages as screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/L3i0P

Published! Thank you for looking at this.

You have missed a lot of vital settings. You should ensure the product:

1) is visible

2) is associated with the proper website

3) has the proper stock settings

What are proper stock settings? None of the products need stock as they are manufactured to order?

The products are visible, per the screenshot above (catalog, search)

They are all associated with DBES Master, the only website right now.

I am totally lost. If I add a product manually, it appears. These products were all imported and none of the 10k imported ones will show???

I don't understand this thing. It's like its been purposely designed to be as difficult as possible. Search for a product, oh hey this category has 4 of it, click the category, nothing is displayed.

Add a new product, search for it, oh hey this category has what your are looking for, click it, you guessed it, NOTHING. I have been working on this for 2 weeks and zero success. I am ready to throw this product to the wind, disregard the thousands invested in it, and go with something that works. Do I want to go that route, no, but it's forcing my hand. I am absolutely lost and super frustrated.

Here is what I have done so far.

• Set all stock quantities to 10
  • All 10k products are enabled
  • All 10k products are visible
  • All 10k products are attached to the proper website/store, the only store at this time
  • Inventory management has been turned on to test with
  • All 10k products are marked as in stock
  • All 10k products are in their respective categories
  • All categories are tied to their respective website/store, the only one at this moment.
  • Stock has been set to display even if out of stock
  • Back orders are enabled if something is out of stock
  • Indexes have been re-run
  • Cache has been flushed
  • Restarted apache (didn't resolve)
  • Rebooted server (didn't resolve)
  • Checked apache error logs, no errors sticking out.

When browsing through categories, to the right of each respective category it has an item count of how many products are in that category. Clicking on the category results in a store page with no results displayed.

It still will not work. What am I doing wrong???

Your product is configurable. May be it does not have proper (visible, in stock, associated to the store, end so on) simple products to show.

The simple products attached match. Proper category, price set, tax rules applied, associated to the correct store, in stock, has stock, etc.

Even simple products that are not configurable won't show up on the frontend.