cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Restore

Magento Restore

Hi,

I am pretty new to Magento (ver 2.3.5) and have had a look online to see how I can restore a full system backup. I tried like other newcomers to restore via the admin panel - but I receive a backup restore failed message. I have a full system backup, and I can see inside the compressed tgz backup file that the code is all there, and the sql database is in the public_html/var  directory.

Therefore:

1. What can I do to restore the backup file via the admin panel - given this failed.

Some suggest I have to set file/directory permissions. But, then they have to be set back. What is the way forward here - step by step?

2. What command line can I use to restore both the code and database. For example, if the backup name is backup.tgz, how do I restore both the code and database in one line from that compressed file. Or do I have to use 2 separate commands, 1 for code restore, and 1 for the sql file restore?

What would the command line be here?

Again, what do I have to look out for regarding file permissions, so that the command line restore will work?

I don't mind the answer being spelt out to me - as I prefer all the steps, rather than assuming I know what should be known about backups and restores and directory permissions.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento Restore

Thanks, but I receive a backup restore failed message.

What is the way forward here - do i have to worry about file permissions or is something causing the failure?

Also, with the command line option, do I have to worry about file permissions?