cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Scope

Price Scope

Hi,

I know that in Magento we can manage product pricing at Global level or Website level. However, just today I was going through the Magento docs and found 'Price Scope'. It says that we can manage price at store level. It also has picture which shows different  pricing. Please have a look at below URL.

http://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/catalog/catalog-price-scope.html

Is it an issue with the documentation or am I missing something?

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Price Scope

Hi @Tarandeep Singh,

I think the documentation is right. You can read:

Different factors can affect the price of the same product in one location and not another. For example, there might be additional costs to bring the product to market, and other considerations that impact the price of products sold in a specific store.

Also, it still saying that Price can be configured as global or per website. The difference of price can be by another factor on price calculation on some specific Store (not a Store View).

@Damian CulottaI understand that price can be different at different stores. However, question is can it be configured in Magento? It's not. I tried all the setting provided, nothing allows you to change price at store level.

This is why article looks incorrect or there is something which I am missing.

- Tarandeep

What I've tried to explain (I wasn't clear enough, sorry) is that I can't see an inconsistent definition.

I can imagine why the phrase "In each store, the same product has a different price." (just before the image) can be the problem (but I'm still thinking that the main idea is clear).

Maybe my problem is that I've spent too much time with Magento and now I can think that feature in another way. ;-)

@Damian CulottaI doubt you understood the question correctly. Look at the highlighted text and image. Is it correct? If yes how is that we can configure it in any version Magento?

image.png

- Tarandeep

I guess I understand your point (now).

You won't find a 1:1 relation between that image and the configuration.

Maybe the confussion is the first line of stores icons (the bigger ones). I guess only by catalog rules or customer groups you will be able to get different prices for the same product into the same website (no matter which store group).

Maybe the problem is that we see those two stores icons as store groups. Right?

@Damian CulottaThat's the false information which Magento should rectify as there is no such functionality by default in Magento.

- Tarandeep