cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product attribute is gone

SOLVED

Product attribute is gone

Hi,

I have a problem with a configurable product.

Product attribute in the set. But i dont see it when i make a configurable product.

But others dropdown attributes are fine.

Screenshot (39).png

Here you can see my configurable product, manufacturer dropdown is gone but other dropdown are on the place:

Screenshot (36).png

Here is a simple product and it looks fine:

Screenshot (37).png

Any ideas.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Product attribute is gone

Hi @StelarCreed

Yes - for configurable product you can create  a new attribute - Brand (Whatever scope you would like to define - website or global) or any name which you would like to give !

In fact while creating configurable product - you will find button create a new attribute at the top right , so you can create it for the same !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

You should create another attribute with the brand and keep as scope Website level so you dont have any issue related to the configurable product.

brand.png

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Update.

Here is a configurable product, manufacturer is gone and country of manufacturer is here,

and on virtual product both attributes are gone:

Screenshot (40).png

Screenshot (41).png

whats going on?

Manufacturer is your super attribute for configurable. When create configurable product with super attribute, at that time that super attribute is not displayed for the configurable product.

This is the default behavior of magento. You are creating configurable product using Manufacturer attribute and so on your manufacturer attribute is not display in configurable product only.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks.

Dont understand why "Manufacturer" is super attribute.

So should i create another attribute, foe example "Brand" or is it possible to do something with "Manufacturer"?

Thankd

Hi @StelarCreed

Yes - for configurable product you can create  a new attribute - Brand (Whatever scope you would like to define - website or global) or any name which you would like to give !

In fact while creating configurable product - you will find button create a new attribute at the top right , so you can create it for the same !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

You should create another attribute with the brand and keep as scope Website level so you dont have any issue related to the configurable product.

brand.png

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial