cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove products from parent category

SOLVED

Remove products from parent category

hey there. im very new to Magento, so please dont get mad if this been answered.

i have a main Category  (Air Conditioners)

that category  has 4 Sub categories (Wall, Multi Split, Mobile,Other)

now once i add new product let say to the any of the 4 sub categories that product gets added to main Air Conditioners category as well. 

i Have disabled ALL products in Catalog -Categories-Air Conditioners-Products in category

i tired disable it from the products category list but it still shows in main category Air conditioners even though its not selected to show there.1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

how to disable it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remove products from parent category

@mantas_bernatav , You will have to navigate to your  category i.e air conditoner, Go to Display settings, then set anchor to no. This product of subcategory will not be visible in the root category in your case air conditioner category.
Clear the cache and run reindexing.

Hope it helps!
Accept as answer and kudos if it works for you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @mantas_bernatav ,

Try running indexing and cache commands from your magento root folder

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hope it helps!

Accept as solution and kudos if it works for you

hey. thanks but i have already done these steps multiple times. didnt work.

@mantas_bernatav , You will have to navigate to your  category i.e air conditoner, Go to Display settings, then set anchor to no. This product of subcategory will not be visible in the root category in your case air conditioner category.
Clear the cache and run reindexing.

Hope it helps!
Accept as answer and kudos if it works for you!

that worked. thanks. but now i have another issue . when in fact i do add some product to display  in that parent Air Conditioners category , it looses layered navigation option. i do want some products there but only selected by my. but they have to have layered navigation option.

any solution for that ?