cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cart rule layerd on top of catalog rule with out user belonging to multiple groups

cart rule layerd on top of catalog rule with out user belonging to multiple groups

It's my understanding you can not add a user to multiple groups.  With that said I need a solution to our discounting set up. 

Here is the use case.  we have tier pricing.  there are 12 pricing groups.  This is easy to do with magento 2.  The problem is when we want to add cart rules on top of that.  for example

tier pricing, 12 groups get per product discount assignments based on this http://www.magetraining.com/blog/magento-2-what-has-happened-to-group-price/  for example a t shirt cost $40 none group and group pricing follows

trGroup 1 =  $38

trGroup 2 =  $36

trGroup 3=  $34

trGroup 4 =  $32

trGroup 5 =  $30

etc

This works fine.  but then we want to also apply volume rules on top of the.  BUT we need 4 different volume pricing groups.  This works fine alone too.  But how can we stack the the two without the ability of assigning a user to two groups

Then there are 4 cart rules groups

crtGroup 1 gets 5% off on $100 10% off on $200 etc

crtGroup 2 gets 10% off on $100 15% off on $200 etc

crtGroup 3 gets 15% off on $100 20% off on $200 etc

crtGroup 4 gets 20% off on $100 15% off on $200 etc

Now I need a user to be part of trGroup 1 and crtGroup 1 and another user to be trGroup 5 and  crtGroup 1 and another user to be trGroup 1 and crtGroup 4.  Now this does not appear to be possible without custom code.  Is there any other way to do achieve this type of discounting without custom code?

Hope this makes sense