cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create product configuration for Fabrics Industry

how to create product configuration for Fabrics Industry

Hi, Community.

I need your suggestion about my case. i need to setup product for fabrics industry. for your info, they sell fabrics in rolls with unique roll number. every roll has different weight even with the same color.

i wanna approach this case with configurable product. for one type fabric, it has multiple color and multiple roll no. the problem is the product owner doesnt want show the roll no. the customer can input qty and select color, then when the customer click add to cart. it will add  product with unique roll no and same color based on qty.

but i cant approach this case with configurable product. customer need to select the color and roll no one by one to cart. the product owner cannot accept that.

would you give me advice so i can solve this case? if i needed to create customization, you can help me how to do that.

this is my sample configurable product : http://apps.kosta.co.id:3456/magento/sp1cm20pls002-11-sct17070733.html

thx a lot.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: how to create product configuration for Fabrics Industry

Export managed product configuration is used to export settings of individual ESET PROTECT components security software installed on clients. This should be done through programs that contain CNC or machine input data. For example, to make a package for https://www.spackmachine.com/ machines, you must create a workpiece and set the parameters via a PC. View a summary of the set parameters. When the task is completed, the exported configuration can be found in the configuration of all files.

One way is to pay a 3D designer to create every single potential product configuration. Every color, every fabric, every potential configuration. By clicking here visit more things. 

Creating a product configuration for the fabrics industry involves defining the various parameters, options, and rules that govern how different fabrics can be customized and manufactured. This configuration process helps streamline the production process, improves accuracy, and ensures that customers get the exact fabric they need. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create a product configuration for the fabrics industry:

1. Understand Customer Requirements:

• Identify the target market and customer base for your fabric products.
    • Conduct market research to understand the specific needs and preferences of customers.
    • Gather feedback from potential customers to learn about the features and customization options they desire.
  2. Define Fabric Types:

• List all the different fabric types that your company produces or plans to offer.
    • Each fabric type should have a unique identifier and a clear description of its characteristics.
  3. Create Base Options:

• Determine the fundamental attributes that customers can select for each fabric type, such as:
      • Color
      • Pattern
      • Weight (GSM - grams per square meter)
      • Width
      • Composition (e.g., cotton, polyester, silk, etc.)
  4. Set Constraints and Dependencies:

• Establish rules and constraints that dictate the valid combinations of options.
    • For example, certain colors or patterns might only be available in specific fabric types or weights.
  5. Price Calculation:

• Implement a pricing mechanism based on the selected options.
    • Consider the cost of materials, production complexity, and market demand when setting prices.
  6. Account for Customization:

• Determine the level of customization you want to offer customers.
    • Decide whether you allow further customization beyond the base options (e.g., custom prints, embroidery).
  7. Digital Tools and Software:

• Utilize product configurator software to streamline the process and make it user-friendly. For example, when I was learning about the process of automatic labeling machines, there was a clear description of the digital platform on this website(https://www.vkpak.com/)
    • Implement a digital platform where customers can interactively select their desired fabric features.
  8. Quality Assurance:

• Establish quality control measures to ensure that the selected configurations are feasible and meet production standards.
    • Avoid offering configurations that might result in an unsatisfactory or unviable fabric.
  9. User-Friendly Interface:

• Create an intuitive and visually appealing user interface for the product configurator.
    • Make it easy for customers to navigate through the options and make selections.
  10. Testing and Feedback:

• Test the product configuration tool extensively to identify and resolve any bugs or issues.
  • Gather feedback from users and incorporate improvements based on their suggestions.
  1. Integration with Sales and Production:
  • Ensure that the product configuration system seamlessly integrates with your sales and production processes.
  • Once a customer selects a configuration, the order should be efficiently processed and communicated to production.
  1. Regular Updates:
  • Keep the product configuration up-to-date with any new fabric types or options you introduce.

Remember, a well-designed product configuration can significantly enhance customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiency in the fabrics industry.