cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable product: variation descriptions & specifications

Configurable product: variation descriptions & specifications

Hi,

I am facing a problem with configurable products. If you create a configurable product and create some product variations based on lets say color & size, if you change the price and image for a specific variation and select this variation on the configurable product page, the price and image will change.

This is a very good feature altough the expected behaviour for me would be that the description and specifications for this selected variation would be shown, in stead of the specifications of the configurable product itself.

Why does it change the price and image, but not the description and product specifications?

I attached a screenshot to give you an idea of the issue.

I also used to have this problem in Magento 1 and found a module for this which solved the problem. However this module is not supported for Magento 2.
https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/sdocp-simple-details-on-configurable-products-1.html

Is there a way this can be done programmatically or fixed in the core?

screenshot

Kind regards,

Falco

(3)
6 Comments
Jawwad Iftikhar
M2 Certified

i am facing the same issue..

puzzleslater

Same problem for me! 

josh_degraw
Regular Visitor

I'm in the same boat

BSS Commerce
M1 Certified

You can still make it real with this magento 2 extension: https://bsscommerce.com/simple-details-on-configurable-product-for-magento-2.html

It shows details of all children items of configurable products like name, SKU, tier price and description.

Hlinh
Frequent Contributor

You can make it easy with Configurable Product Purchase Variables for Magento 2 .This extension facilitates customers to purchase a number of products with variable options.

configurable-product-purchase-variables-543x352.png

• Easily enable or disable extension in backend area.
  • Easily enable or disable features for each separated configurable products.
  • Allows to show quantity box or both quantity input and swatch options.
  • Allows to show the remainder quantity of each configurable product.
Best4Mage
Contributor

The best extension to handle this at the moment is our Best4Mage Configurable Products use Simple Details for Magento 2. This extension is the successor of one of the most popular simple price extensions for Magento 1 (CPSP). It has many features for configurable products and many more are to come. Next to that it is very affordable and comes with lifetime support and updates. Here some features:

• Dynamic content updates
  • Dynamic URL changes
  • Preselected active attributes
  • User-defined preselections
  • Advanced tier pricing
  • Adjustable for different templates
  • Switching and tier price functionality also active on listing page
  • Auto update URL for each selected option
  • Simple associated products redirect to a configurable product with option preselected

For all the features and a product video check here: Magento configurable products use simple details