cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Hosting Option

Best Hosting Option

We're a smaller e-commerce brand in growth mode, looking to migrate our store from Bigcommerce to Magento 2 CE. We have an average monthly visit count of about 4400 with about 275 orders a month. We have a catalog of 40 products, love to offer discounts and plan to implement a loyalty program.

What do you recommend for managed hosting? I've looked into shared, VPS and Cloud hosting (specifically shared with SiteGround, VPS with TMD Hosting and Cloud with Magemojo). Ideally, I'd like a company with good Magento support that provides for our needs with room for growth, of course all for the best price. Thank you!

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Best Hosting Option

You can try rolling your own on AWS these days or another cloud. But for a smaller store that is a hassle.  A managed host is probably best. 

Was there something you did not like about MageMojo?

I like Magemojo and am likely to use it, I'm just trying to get recommendations from experienced developers or maybe some testimonials from people on what they use and what they like about their hosts.

What type of hosting service you go for will depend on a variety of factors like the resources you need, your budget, any specific features that you may require and what sort of control you are looking for.

I do agree that it's best that you mainly consider companies who specialize in Magento as they will be able to provide better assistance with Magento related issues when compared to a generic hosting company who isn't familiar with Magento.

How about the number of daily traffic and real-time visitors?

I recommend using VPS rather than hosting for your store.

Some options are:

- Google Cloud

- Ramnode

- Vultr

- SiteGround VPS

- Nexcess

Personally, I prefer Siteground, not for their price, but their good support. I received help shortly after submitting ticket.

are you sure you need to leave BigCommerce?

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Can you make a case to convince us to stay?

you did not specify any problems that makes you move.

why you need to move to managed hosting while bigcommerce is managed hosting already?

------------

I see what you're saying. The move is inspired by a desire to have that much more freedom in our CMS and access to the database, and in an attempt to decrease the cost of operating the store. Mostly inspired by cost.

then you are looking in wrong direction. to save costs, and have some development and operational freedom, you will have to use services like OVH or SOYOUSTART.

take your own servers and build your own infrastructure.

this is the only way to save.

------------