cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Shared Hosting for Magento 2 ?

SOLVED

Best Shared Hosting for Magento 2 ?

Hi,

I am about to launch my new Magento 2 webshop, but it is incredibly hard to find a proper hosting for it. It is a small shop with 300-500 visitors/day, it does not worth to have VPS for this trafic size.

Please suggest a good shared hosting for me which is really runs Magento 2 well!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best Shared Hosting for Magento 2 ?

Hi there,

It is a small shop with 300-500 visitors/day, it does not worth to have VPS for this trafic size.

so, you are saying - because only 500 people visit your store every day so it's not worth getting a proper location for it for the outrageous sum of $50 per month; and you'd prefer to do it from a cardboard box in a dark alley for just $5 per month and hope your business will take off?

Sorry for being a bit negative but you'd be surprised how often people make this statement here. 

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi there,

It is a small shop with 300-500 visitors/day, it does not worth to have VPS for this trafic size.

so, you are saying - because only 500 people visit your store every day so it's not worth getting a proper location for it for the outrageous sum of $50 per month; and you'd prefer to do it from a cardboard box in a dark alley for just $5 per month and hope your business will take off?

Sorry for being a bit negative but you'd be surprised how often people make this statement here. 

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

My problem is it costs a lot to install everything on a VPS - this is I was told. I am not an IT expert.

VPS is rather 200-400 USD/ month...

Hello,

You should have no issues running your store off a shared hosting plan instead of a VPS. Simply look for a hosting provider that specializes in Magento. There are quite a few that can give you a modest plan for $30-50/mo.

As per VPS, if your budget allows, you should look for a Managed provider that will handle the software/server side for you. 

In any case, I believe you should be fine on a shared hosting plan since you are just starting out. But I would definitely plan for growth if I where you.

Good luck with your new business!

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi,

The main problem for most shared hosting providers is PHP memory limit. Basically Magento 2 needs 768M, but if add a loyaly (reward points) modul it needs much more: 2GB is prefered as I was told. Almost no one allows to set PHP memory higher then 768M - even this limit is rare...

I highly recommend using VPS to host Magento 2 rather than shared hosting, there are many affordable VPS out there like Ramnode, Digital Ocean, Vultr.

Remember to choose KVM type of VPS so thatyYou can do a lot of tweaks on VPS to improve Magento website performance

<< Snipped >>

I have found that shared hosting is not more reliable for Magento powered stores and it is time to switch to a managed cloud hosting server which offers higher reliability and speed. 

Managed Cloud hosting providers like:

Nexcess

Cloudways

Hi,

I really wasted dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars to find out that shared hosting would never work for Magento 2 properly. After trying many shared hosting (some of very expansive ones as well) I ended up at a VPS

I have found a very very good value fully managed VPS at TMDHosting for 36USD/mo. My small (1.4MB), speed-optimized webshop loads in within 1.5-2 sec at most, but usually faster.

A 93 USD/mo shared hosting with a 16 core CPU and 32GB  (8 account/Server)  could not get the main page faster then 7-10 sec. No buyer would ever wait 10 sec after every click, so the shop was useless!

Those who suggested VPS were right. I was afraid of the high monthy cost as most VPS is in the 100-300 USD/mo price range. Luckily I could find a very affordable solution for my small webshop as I have only 1-2 sales a day in average.