cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I migrate to a different server & domain?

How do I migrate to a different server & domain?

Hello

My temporary domain is:

https://www.mariostoparopoulos.com

and I use Plesk Panel on CentOS

I am trying to migrate a Magento 2.2 website

Here's the steps I have done so far:

1) Backed up my files & database from my old domain

2) Transferred them

3) Configured hosting

The problems I am facing:

- A lot of 500 & 404 errors

Here's what I have done so far:

I have read the official docs and read a couple of forums, 

I logged to my server with root (it's the only way to log in, unfortunately) and I have created the following script:

#!/bin/bash

info='\033[0;35m'
text='\033[0;33m'

echo -e "${info}Removing Cache files"

rm -rf var/cache/ var/session/ var/report/ var/log

echo "Removal complete"

echo -e "${info}==========================================" echo echo -e "${info}Running Magento Commands" echo -e "${text}- running: chmod u+x bin/magento"
chmod u+x -v bin/magento echo -e "${text}- running: cleaning cache" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento cache:clean /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento cache:flush echo -e "${text}- running: deploying" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php -dmemory_limit=5G bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US el_GR -f -s standard --language en_US --language el_GR echo -e "${text}- running: setup:upgrade" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento setup:upgrade echo -e "${text}- running: setup:db-data:upgrade" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento setup:db-data:upgrade echo -e "${text}- running: setup:db-schema:upgrade" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento setup:db-schema:upgrade echo -e "${text}- running: indexer:reindex" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php bin/magento indexer:reindex echo -e "${text}- resizing: images" /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php -dmemory_limit=5G bin/magento catalog:images:resize echo -e "${text}Finished Running Magento Commands" echo -e "${info}==========================================" echo echo -e "${info}Changing Permissions for:" echo -e "${text}- Files" find var generated vendor pub/static pub/media app/etc -type f -exec chmod u+w {}} + echo -e "${text}- Folders" find var generated vendor pub/static pub/media app/etc -type d -exec chmod u+ {} + echo -e "${text}Finished Changing Permissions" echo -e "${info}==========================================" echo # region change ownership for web user echo -e "${info}Changing Ownership to $user:$group" chown -R $user:$group ./* echo -e "${text}Finished Changing Ownership" echo -e "${info}==========================================" echo # endregion Chown Files

As you can see I am: 

- cleaning the cache

- reindexing

- upgrading the database

- resizing the images

- changed permissions to 644 for files and 755 for folders

- changed ownership of files to original user

What else should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I migrate to a different server & domain?

Did you configure the new server with the same environment as the old server or is it totally different? 

Did you check the logs under the var directory for the errors? 

Unfortunately,  I don't know anything about the older environment

All I can do is login to Plesk panel and see Apache errors

and sometimes I get 504 gateway time out errors,

chrome_201117_418.png

Did you setup the new server from scratch? Is it running Plesk as well?

As for the errors, I mean checking the logs in the /var directory of your Magento installation which should show you the detailed errors your store is having and that should at least point you in the right direction.