cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this plan magento optimized?

SOLVED

Is this plan magento optimized?

Please share your thoughts on this setup for Magento 2.4.  Thanks.

1. 7 VPS

2. Two haproxy proxies configured with floating IP. keepalived OR pacemaker/corosync combination. Two nodes of webservers and three nodes of Databases configured with MariaDB Galera Cluster.

3. For webservers, we will use VestaCP and customize it. Basically would use nginx.php-fpm.varnish.redis.memcached.pagespeed, etc

4. CSF.LFD would be used for firewall.

5. All the required packages would be installed to host Magento Websites.

6. All users have separate ftp access to upload download files.

7. For emails, exim or postfix both are available.

8. Backup.restore of the sites available with clicks from the dashboard.

9. maldetect and other useful tools will be integrated to make is safer.

10. Letsencrypt SSL is just one click.

11. One system extra will have to there configured with ELK stack to monitor all the status of the server and throw alerts in email if any parameter crosses a threshold.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this plan magento optimized?

Your setup doesn't really seem to do much to improve performance or security beyond the usual setup.

Honestly you are better off going with an experienced Magento hosting provider and spend your effort in optimizing Magento at the code level (do hire an experienced Magento developer for this). There are many things that you can optimize and many components or modules that can be removed to make things faster and more scalable. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

IMO there's no fixed definition of the term "Magento optimized" but based on what I see you're just picking up off the shelf parts and try to get them to work together. 

I do feel that your setup is a little too complex from the get go. Are you trying to solve some pain points? What are the considerations behind these setup? I don't think we can really comment much unless we know what you are trying to achieve. 

Hi James,

My needs:

1. Need pages to load within 1 to 3 seconds for each of the 3 sites.  One site has 2 million records which are postal codes for EVERY country in the world which buyers and sellers access.

2.  High Security for database and emails

3.  GUI easy to understand and use

Your setup doesn't really seem to do much to improve performance or security beyond the usual setup.

Honestly you are better off going with an experienced Magento hosting provider and spend your effort in optimizing Magento at the code level (do hire an experienced Magento developer for this). There are many things that you can optimize and many components or modules that can be removed to make things faster and more scalable. 

Thanks James!