cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the current state of Magento 2 development environment? Has Magento / Adobe or the community

What's the current state of Magento 2 development environment? Has Magento / Adobe or the community

Hi!

I've been doing Mangeto development for 10 years off and on. I've been off for the past few years working with another system, but am about to get back into the Magento world.

My company has our own internally developed docker based development environment that works pretty well, but even though my company is fairly large we still end up spending time every time we start a new project fixing issues / dealing with various shortcuts / etc with our development environment.

Every time I get back to Magento I'm constantly surprised there is not a turn-key best-practice-following development environment provided by Magento or by the community.

Now I'm wondering if somebody can fill me in on the situation here. Is there now a clearly most popular / best development environment / setup?

Any other pro tips?

Thank you!

filesynced

1 REPLY 1

Re: What's the current state of Magento 2 development environment? Has Magento / Adobe or the commun

Magento is still just a php files project. I have in my tiny company a central server running a webserver instance for every developer and network shares where developers store their files. The .htaccess takes care of necessary locations. Run a few docker containers for your dependencies like elasticsearch and you are up and running.