cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase minicart icon size

Increase minicart icon size

Hello guys,
I have a custom template based on Luma working fine on latest version 2.1.8. But I´m facing hard time manipulating that cart icon.

If I increase font-size through browser's inspector, it works.If I increase font-size through browser's inspector, it works.

theme.xmltheme.xml

Tried adding the following in mythemes/theme1/web/css/source/_theme.less but it doesn't work.

.minicart-wrapper .action.showcart::before {
 font-size: 50px;
}

Nothing happen. I´m flushing cache and deploying static content every time after saving.

Isn't it weird that "font-family" is set to "icons-blank-theme"? Guess it should be calling for Luma stuff.

Any idea?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Increase minicart icon size

Hi @juniox

Try:

.minicart-wrapper .action.showcart:before {
}

Single colon not double. Works for me 🙂 

Stu

Hello Stu, tks for you support.

I forgot to mention but I had actually added this into _theme.less file just to make sure:

.minicart-wrapper .action.showcart::before {
}
        font-size: 40px;
}

After that, I´m basically running:

bin/magento cache:flush && bin/magento cache:clean && bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

It's weird because any other change on this _theme.less is working fine. Do you happen to see "font-family" set to "icons-blank-theme" too? It does not seem right.

Thank you!

Hi @juniox;

Hmm. Thats odd isn't it. Mine is not set to "icons-blank-theme". Is your theme configured the same in the back end?

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 18.31.51.png

Have you tried to override that font-family?

Try:-

content: '\e611';
  font-family: 'luma-icons';
}

Hi, tks again!

Yes, my luma-based theme is working fine... also all css changes made on _theme.css are taking effect as expected but this particular one ".minicart-wrapper .action.showcart:before" looks like it's not getting triggered.

Tried changing its position to the very fist lines on _theme.less and overrided font-family, content and font-size as you suggested,  but nothing happened. Since it brings this weird font-family and does not allow me to override its content, I'm guessing there is something maybe overriding this code anywhere else.

Example, earlier I had tried this file, but nothing happened either.. that's why it's now renamed.

checkout.jpg

Hi @juniox,

Its certainly a strange one. As you say it must be getting overridden elsewhere.

Can you override it manually in by using "inspect element" in google chrome/safari?

Unfortunately I cannot see you images so not sure what you have tied to show me 🙂 Here is all I can see with your reply:- Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 19.05.43.png

Hi

Yes, if I change font-size through Chrome Inspector it works fine, even though font-family is set to 'icons-blank-theme'. However, if I dont touch anything but replace font-family to "luma-icons" (via inspector) that icon become an square ... as if it does not understand that font type.

Last image I had pasted was a print showing this other file location which I tried editting:

Magento_Checkout/web/css/source/minicart.less_notused

tks!!

Ok. Was part of your theme? You've renamed it?

What if you create a new directory at:

/Magento_Checkout/web/css/source/module/

Then copy the file into that and rename it "_minicart.less"?

Do you have an "_extend.less" in your '/web/css/source/' folder? If so try the same edits in there. Not the best way todo it but may work.  🙂