cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a theme with Magento 2 running on AWS

Installing a theme with Magento 2 running on AWS

Hi there,

Is there any guideline on how to install a new theme for Magento 2 (Open source) running on AWS? Or does anyone know? I did the basic installation but now I need to access the files, add the new theme and eventually change the front end of my pages. Thanks much!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Installing a theme with Magento 2 running on AWS

Magento 2 official documentation called DevDocs has very well explained how to install new theme on Magento 2 .

Here is the reference link for the same - http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/frontend-dev-guide/themes/theme-install.html

If you want to install theme manually , you need to copy all your downloaded theme files from theme folder to Magento 2 root directory/app/design/frontend directory.

then you also need to copy module which is coming with the theme to Magento 2 root directory/app/code Directory.

Then you need to run below commands in sequence :

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

It will works !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi @Manthan Dave,

Thanks a lot. I think my question at that point is more where can I find any docs on how to access my repo when Magento is running on Amazon Web Service? Or should I run it locally and push the changes to AWS?

Thanks!

@fitzcali - okay thanks for clarification , i got your point.

so as mention by you both options are correct !!

Meaning you can connect your AWS server(SSH Terminal) via tool like PUTTY and log in to  your server by giving proper credentials !

Then after you can easily access your Magento 2 Repo from there.

you can also do the same like do changes on local and then do commit/deployment on AWS server but that's another/alternative option.

You can ask your AWS manager/support team  or raise a ticket on that how can you access SSH terminal on your server , that would be help to you.

Hope it helps you Smiley Happy

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi
I have a question how can i upload manually theme to magento in aws lightsail.
Where and how can i get root directory please help