cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many blocks and image rich for SEO

Too many blocks and image rich for SEO

Hi,

First post in the forum so this might be a bit of a silly question...

I am building a new Magento2 site having run our e-commerce site on Magento1 for 7 or 8 years. I am thinking if making the site with lots of blocks and images rather than loads of text. It this bad practice? I will obviously optimise the images to ensure the page load speeds are okay, but I was concerned whether this was a normal way to build a site. Would it affect SEO much?

If this question isn't very clear... I was thinking of making the category structure so that you open the top tier of a category and instead of showing products, it would have images (as buttons) to navigate to the main categories.

Does this make any sense even?

Thanks

M

1 REPLY 1

Re: Too many blocks and image rich for SEO

Hi @Frumble,

For the clarification I can ask you about your needs. Let me know is this your need? You need to load the images of the products before enter into the main category page with out loading of text and also images as a button to navigate to the category page is it?

and another question I would like to ask you on this which version are you using in magento and also this image click approach is for whole site or for single category page.

Best regards