cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Luma Theme, Need Border on Products

Using Luma Theme, Need Border on Products

I'm using the standard Luma Them, and not familiar with theming, but would like a border around my product images on my thumbnail images. I gather I need to override the Luma theme but need a bit of help to guide me here to the right files, locations, etc. please!

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Using Luma Theme, Need Border on Products

Hello @SJ_Med 

you can use below theme file for that

https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/2.4-develop/app/design/frontend/Magento/luma/Magento_Catalo...

but you can not know anything then add a simple CSS file using layout of the theme.

check below link for same

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/frontend-dev-guide/css-topics/css-themes.html

hope it will help you, if works then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Thank you for the quick response Sunil. I grabbed the file, created the directory structure, and dropped it in, but no change. Perhaps I need two find the right css tag and change the color for the border? (Sounds simple - I kinda assumed there was a color tag in there and would see it, but it's a big file and just made an assumption - Felix Unger is listening now! ;--))

Did I miss something?

If you are you using this Luma theme  then follow below listed step: 

1. You need to find thumb image class name "fotorama__thumb".
    Screenshot from 2020-02-18 11-04-00.png
  2. After that you need to check which CSS file theme are using? Screenshot from 2020-02-18 11-04-09.png
  3. Write Css for border and save file

Screenshot from 2020-02-18 11-04-25.pngAfter following those steps you need to run some commands from magento root path:

1. sudo php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
  2. sudo php bin/magento cache:flush
  3. sudo chmod -R 0777 pub/media 

Note: Also I am adding some screenshots of step I hope it will be helpful for you 
--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Anuradha Bissa

Thank you Anuradha! I'll try this asap. This is awesome.

I just had a moment to realize - the box I want to create is around the items on a main product screen like any one below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 5.19.26 AM.png

The idea being to separate each main item with a highlight. As we put "hot items" etc on our main page, a gray box around each one would separate them slightly and call better attention. Other items, perhaps some we want to highlight as low stock, or going fast, we might use red, etc. Does that make sense? If I can't select them, I can't get a fix on their information in the browser to determine what css element is being used....

Being new to development at this level, I'm learning new tools, so what's easy for others is a new world for me!

@SJ_Med ,

It is easy to understand if you share public URL with me.. So I can guide you better.