cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.2 Credit Card Checkout "An error occurred on the server. Please try again"

SOLVED

2.2 Credit Card Checkout "An error occurred on the server. Please try again"

Using Magento 2.2.1

Order does not go to success page, but shows in Admin.  Payment shows in Authorize.net which means customer's credit card is charged but customer gets no email of order confirmation.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2.2 Credit Card Checkout "An error occurred on the server. Please try again"

Hi @Sheba,

Can you check (and/or activate) the Magento logs to try to find more details about the error? (if the problem is on the store side).

View solution in original post

Re: 2.2 Credit Card Checkout "An error occurred on the server. Please try again"

Hi Damian,

Thanks for your prompt response. I *REALLY *appreciate it.

Found the issue in the exception.log:

The transaction was declined because the response hash validation failed.

Entered the MD5 Hash in Authorize.net into Sales > Payment Methods >
Authorize.net > Merchant MD5 and problem solved :=)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sheba,

Can you check (and/or activate) the Magento logs to try to find more details about the error? (if the problem is on the store side).

Hi Damian,

Thanks for your prompt response. I *REALLY *appreciate it.

Found the issue in the exception.log:

The transaction was declined because the response hash validation failed.

Entered the MD5 Hash in Authorize.net into Sales > Payment Methods >
Authorize.net > Merchant MD5 and problem solved :=)

Just a note here. I received a notice today (Jan 9 2019) that Authorize.Net is disabling their MD5 Hash option.. this will likely mean that all Authorize.Net enacted stores will fail unless Magento has changed the integration. 

I am running 2.2.1, and my system fails if I don't populate the MD5 Hash field in AuthNet... does anyone know if the newer Magento Versions have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Donovan

i'm on 2.2.6 

Auth.net support told me MD5 not important. 
problem I have is transaction goes thru but error message occurred and card charged yet no success page