cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating EAV based model in Magento 2

SOLVED

Creating EAV based model in Magento 2

I know this might have been answered before but I am unable to find it. I want to have a step by step documentation of creating custom EAV based model in magento 2. I looked into catalog and customer setup files. But I find it difficult to grasp. Any help will be thankful for creating custom EAV based model in magento 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creating EAV based model in Magento 2

I recomend to read " Magento 2 Developer’s Guide" by  Branko Ajzele. The author shows the creating of module FoggylineOffice and this module required custom EAV model for Employee domain objects.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I would never try that by hand. It was complicated in Magento 1, it is much more complicated in Magento 2. Have a look at the available code generators, perhaps one of them can create EAV models.

In fact, during 8 years of Magento development, I've never really seen the need to use EAV for my custom models.

Code Generators I know:

Andreas von Studnitz, Trainer, Consultant, Developer and CEO of integer_net, Germany.

I recomend to read " Magento 2 Developer’s Guide" by  Branko Ajzele. The author shows the creating of module FoggylineOffice and this module required custom EAV model for Employee domain objects.

@Skynin wrote:

Thanks a lot for the solution. I could get the free code for chapter 8. Will update the same when I try some.