cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display number of items in cart on another website

Display number of items in cart on another website

Hey everyone, quick question from someone unfamiliar with Magento. I have a client who has two websites, one of which is a Magento shop. Both sites are for the same brand and everything. The Magento site is used strictly for displaying products, checkout, etc. while all the company info and such is on the other site (which is Squarespace, if it makes any difference). The info site has a shopping cart icon that simply links to the cart page of the Magento site. So my question is this: is there a way to retrieve data from the Magento site so that the info site displays how many items are currently in the Magento cart? I'm not trying to do any deep integration, all I need is for the Squarespace site to display number of items in cart next to the shopping cart link, so that when someone adds an item to the cart on the Magento site and then navigates to the Squarespace site they will have a visual reminder that there are items in their cart.

I'm guessing this can be done using the Magento API but PHP is not my strong suit and I didn't find any solutions when I searched the web and this forum. So any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Display number of items in cart on another website

Hi @DiegoVogel,

Maybe you can explore the APIs?

You should be able to request for cart information: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/rest/list.html#checkout

I didn't tried yet but I've found some possible examples to help you:

(my 2 cents)

Re: Display number of items in cart on another website

Thanks for the info Damian. I'll check that stuff out.