cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pass data into custom Payment Method front end?

SOLVED

How do I pass data into custom Payment Method front end?

All of the built in payment methods and all of the examples I've seen use a html template in view/frontend/web/template/payment/ for defining the front end content of the payment method as it displays in checkout.  The layout file at view/frontend/layout/checkout_index_index.xml includes a <item name="component" xsi:type="string"> element pointing to a javascript file that adds a component to the Magento_Checkout/js/model/payment/renderer-list.  The method-renderer referenced in this file is another javascript file which extends a Magento_Payment/js/view/payment/iframe component with a value for defaults.template.

What I need to do is to have the payment method load with some javascript that needs to have access to a publishable key value that is set in the admin interface.  I've been trying to do this with a block so that I can grab my publishable key from the database in the php code for the block, and then insert it in the front end using a phtml view file.  I've only been able to get html files to load using the defaults.template value as described above.  When I try adding a block declaration to the checkout_index_index.xml I'm not sure where to put it, and I never see any of the code from my phtml file in my payment method in checkout.

Is the payment method content area in checkout a valid place to use a block with a phtml file?  If not, how else can I pass the values I need into the template for my payment method?  Do I need to use javascript to pull the value from magento using an ajax api call?  

One more question: When I use a html template file loaded using the component + method_renderer technique described above, I'm noticing that if I include a script tag in the template, the template will load without the script tag.  It seems to be getting stripped out.  How do I include custom javascript with a payment method front end?

I've been stuck at this point for a few days now, so I could use some advice.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I pass data into custom Payment Method front end?

I finally figured this out myself, so I thought I'd share the solution in case anyone else is looking for the same thing.

Use require.js to include your javascript by defining paths in view/frontend/requirejs-config.js like this:

var config = {
paths: {
"my_external_file": "https://sample.test.com/my_file",
"my_local_file": "./Company_ModuleName/js/view/myfolder/myjsfile"
}
};

Then include the javascript in the define section of your method renderer file at view/frontend/web/js/payment/method-renderer/ like so:

define(
[
'require',
'jquery',
'my_external_file',
'my_local_file'
],
function (require, $, myExternalThing, myLocalThing) {
'use strict';
return Component.extend({

In your javascript file you can have a look at the window.checkoutConfig object.  To get your config values into this object you need a config provider.  Add the config provider to etc/frontend/di.xml like this:

<type name="Magento\Checkout\Model\CompositeConfigProvider">
<arguments>
<argument name="configProviders" xsi:type="array">
<item name="my_config_provider" xsi:type="object">CompanyName\ModuleName\Model\MyConfigProvider</item>
</argument>
</arguments>
</type>

Make the config provider php file in your Model folder like so:

<?php
namespace CompanyName\ModuleName\Model;
use Magento\Checkout\Model\ConfigProviderInterface;
use \Magento\Framework\App\Config\ScopeConfigInterface as ScopeConfig;

class MyConfigProvider implements ConfigProviderInterface
{
/**
* @var \Magento\Framework\App\Config\ScopeConfigInterface
*/
protected $scopeConfig;
/**
* first config value config path
*/
const FIRST_CONFIG_VALUE = 'payment/mymodulename/first_config_value';
/**
* second config value config path
*/
const SECOND_CONFIG_VALUE = 'payment/mymodulename/second_config_value';
/**
* @param ScopeConfig $scopeConfig
*/
public function __construct(
ScopeConfig $scopeConfig
) {
$this->scopeConfig = $scopeConfig;
}
/**
* {@inheritdoc}
*/
public function getConfig()
{
$storeScope = \Magento\Store\Model\ScopeInterface::SCOPE_STORE;
$config = [
'payment' => [
'mymodulename' => [
'first_config_value' => $this->scopeConfig->getValue(self::FIRST_CONFIG_VALUE, $storeScope),
'second_config_value' => $this->scopeConfig->getValue(self::SECOND_CONFIG_VALUE, $storeScope)
]
]
];
return $config;
}
}

This is the process that worked for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Update: I figured out how to load the javascript I needed using require.js, but I still need help with how to pass data to the javascript.  I need to access the config value stored in the database (publishable key) and also the magento checkout information (such as amount).

I finally figured this out myself, so I thought I'd share the solution in case anyone else is looking for the same thing.

Use require.js to include your javascript by defining paths in view/frontend/requirejs-config.js like this:

var config = {
paths: {
"my_external_file": "https://sample.test.com/my_file",
"my_local_file": "./Company_ModuleName/js/view/myfolder/myjsfile"
}
};

Then include the javascript in the define section of your method renderer file at view/frontend/web/js/payment/method-renderer/ like so:

define(
[
'require',
'jquery',
'my_external_file',
'my_local_file'
],
function (require, $, myExternalThing, myLocalThing) {
'use strict';
return Component.extend({

In your javascript file you can have a look at the window.checkoutConfig object.  To get your config values into this object you need a config provider.  Add the config provider to etc/frontend/di.xml like this:

<type name="Magento\Checkout\Model\CompositeConfigProvider">
<arguments>
<argument name="configProviders" xsi:type="array">
<item name="my_config_provider" xsi:type="object">CompanyName\ModuleName\Model\MyConfigProvider</item>
</argument>
</arguments>
</type>

Make the config provider php file in your Model folder like so:

<?php
namespace CompanyName\ModuleName\Model;
use Magento\Checkout\Model\ConfigProviderInterface;
use \Magento\Framework\App\Config\ScopeConfigInterface as ScopeConfig;

class MyConfigProvider implements ConfigProviderInterface
{
/**
* @var \Magento\Framework\App\Config\ScopeConfigInterface
*/
protected $scopeConfig;
/**
* first config value config path
*/
const FIRST_CONFIG_VALUE = 'payment/mymodulename/first_config_value';
/**
* second config value config path
*/
const SECOND_CONFIG_VALUE = 'payment/mymodulename/second_config_value';
/**
* @param ScopeConfig $scopeConfig
*/
public function __construct(
ScopeConfig $scopeConfig
) {
$this->scopeConfig = $scopeConfig;
}
/**
* {@inheritdoc}
*/
public function getConfig()
{
$storeScope = \Magento\Store\Model\ScopeInterface::SCOPE_STORE;
$config = [
'payment' => [
'mymodulename' => [
'first_config_value' => $this->scopeConfig->getValue(self::FIRST_CONFIG_VALUE, $storeScope),
'second_config_value' => $this->scopeConfig->getValue(self::SECOND_CONFIG_VALUE, $storeScope)
]
]
];
return $config;
}
}

This is the process that worked for me.

Hi,

Can share the code . it more helpful to us