cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display option image for Bundled Product in radio/checkbox templates?

How to display option image for Bundled Product in radio/checkbox templates?

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how do I display an option's thumbnail in bundled product in Magento CE 2.1. Not sure if this might require creating a module or just an extension for the existing codebase.

To be more specific - I have a bundled product where bundle items are set via radio and checkbox. It does display title of the option item, extra price if any, but I desperately need to pull an image of the bundle option product into the radio or checkbox type template (e.g. /app/code/Magento/Bundle/view/frontend/templates/catalog/product/view/type/bundle/option/radio.phtml)

Similar to what this module does, but it's only for Magento 1.x.

Hkwbk.png

If there is a module to buy already or you can provide some code magic -- any suggestions are appreciated. I'm ok buying a module if there is one for M2.x, but also think that the community will be benefited from a code snippet as well (taking in account when most of 1.x stores will start upgrading to 2.x in coming years).

thank you!

-s

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A one very interesting question about Bundled Product. Please take a look.

Hi @studioru,

Since that feature is not included in Magento 2 out-of-the-box, you should create a custom extension to add that feature. Magento 2 is a completely new platform, so the extension for Magento 1.x is not going to work as reference for the code.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: A one very interesting question about Bundled Product. Please take a look.

Thank you Gabriel. 

Will look into that, in the meantime will see if anyone comes up with the suggestions. 

Re: How to display option image for Bundled Product in radio/checkbox templates?

Thank you Alex! 

After going over proposed module I think that's a bit too much for what I'm looking for. The module you are offering is great, but my idea about what i need is simply show an image of the option along with it's title (which is already there) next to the radio or checkbox.

One the approach I think would be to get id's of the children products of the bundle. Then lookup for an image for those id's. Not sure yet, still researching. 

Re: How to display option image for Bundled Product in radio/checkbox templates?

Hi,

I need this version for M1 but your link is not working and I cant find it. May you send me a working link for the M1 extension?

BR